Knowledge Base: Configuring AppSense Environment Manager Personalization for VMware ThinApp Applications
Configuring AppSense Environment Manager Personalization for VMware ThinApp Applications
Document ID: SX123397
In order to personalize ThinApp application using AppSense Environment Manager, a few extra configuration steps are needed. Please see below the full instructions to personalize ThinApp applications
- The following will not work for Thinapp applications launched from network shares.
- If the application crashes it is probably because there was a conflict between the local application data and the personalization data, the solution is to “start from blank”, delete the local ThinApp application files, the application data stored on the Personalization Server and the cached data.
In this example we will use an application named notpad++, replace it with your own application name
- Create Your Application Profile:
- Open AppSense Environment Manager Console
- Open the User Personalization tab in the tree view and connect to the Personalization Server
- Select Applications, Application Categories and then User. Add the ThinApp application to the Personalization Configuration
To learn more and to read the entire article at its source, please refer to the following page, Configuring AppSense Environment Manager Personalization for VMware ThinApp Applications
These knowledge bases are provided by SmartX/ControlUP. Gain this same kind of visibility in your terminal services and VDI environments, check out ControlUP yourself!