Killer Microsoft RDP and Citrix ICA Client Updated!
iShadow Desktop, a killer ICA / RDP client has been updated with some really cool features for both Citrix ICA and Microsoft RDP, not to mention it does VNC too. It is a must have!!!
- Socket timeout can be configured in the range between 50 to 500 ms via "View-Reconnect Timeout" menu. Target port is considered down if timeout value is reached. Consecutive attempts in testing the port are spaced by 2 sec.
Port availability test can be disabled through "View-Check Server Availability" menu. Reconnect feature works on session termination or even after server reboot. This feature is very useful when server is intentionally rebooted and console reconnect is required immediately after the startup.
This feature does not use ICMP (i.e. does not "ping" the target server) and is targeting connection port directly, which makes it compatible with most firewalls and custom port values. Port availability check as well as reconnection attempt can be enabled "globally" as well as enabled or disabled per individual session window.
- ICA encryption support is updated. Choose between Basic, 40-bit, 56-bit and variations of 128-bit. Session encryption indicator is added to both ICA and RDP sessions. ICA’s session encryption indicator shows the actual encryption established with the server which can differ from "desirable" encryption set on the client.
- iShadow Desktop now supports illegal characters in server names are: “/";|<>+=,?*”
- Now preferred window position is preserved
- Session group windows can be located via an icon in the System Tray
- All windows including individual sessions can be closed at once and application unloaded via a menu exposed on the right-click of iShadow Desktop icon in the System Tray