Is Citrix Headed in the Right Direction?
There has been a lot of buzz on Citrix lately with the sale of the Goto brand, and stating that they are going back to their “Core” of their products, also stating that their main strategy is cloud first. Now there has been a lot of new features / products being announced / added over the last 6 months. They now even have a roadmap showing when new releases will be coming to the market
- XenApp Essentials ( Azure only desktop/app delivery)
- Windows 10 on Azure (Azure only Windows 10 VDI)
- Buying Norskale (User environment management)
- Buying Unidesk ( Application layering)
- Integration between NetScaler and Intune / AzureAD
- Multiple new releases 7.12 & 7.13
- Write-back cache for Azure MCS deployment
- New adaptive transport protocol EDT (To is better to tackle cloud scenarios where latency is often higher)
- Authentication support for AzureAD
- Hybrid Use benefits with Azure
- Smart Tools to enable integration against Azure, AWS (Smart Scale)
- SD-WAN announced for Azure
- NetScaler Gateway-as-a-service
- Announced Managed Citrix Receiver for Intune
- NetScaler MAS Hybrid Management (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwYhlkrJaPE)
Read the entire article here, Is Citrix headed in the right direction?
via Marius Sandbu.