How to install and configure NetScaler 11.1 Unified Gateway (VPX)
One of the great features that is available for the NetScaler since the release of version 11 / 11.1, is the built-in wizard to configure Unified Gateway trough a “simple” step-by-step wizard. The wizard is an easy way to configure all the “most frequently’’ used features that NetScaler can deliver in just several mouse clicks.
The Unified Gateway wizard activates the ICA Proxy (NetScaler Gateway) feature to logon remotely StoreFront to your XenApp or XenDesktop farm; it activates the possibility of accessing your local intranet pages through the logon portal without a VPN ‘’client’’ connection, by doing SSL Offloading and Reverse Proxy and; the automated configuration of the SSL VPN functionality. What will require the NetScaler Gateway plug-in and gives you the possibility to built up a secure VPN connection from a remote site to your internal network!
Al these options will be activated, based on the Content Switching technology, what results in 1 Public IP Address consumption. What also can be very useful for home labs!
- NetScaler Platinum or Enterprise license (Request a Platinum trial license)
- XenDesktop/XenApp environment for ICA Proxy / StoreFront
- A pre-configured StoreFront server setup (see my other blog article to do this)
- A Public IP address for the Unified Gateway
- External DNS record/name pointed to the Unified Gateway Virtual(IP)
- Server certificate chain (.PFX or .PEM), with RootCA/intermediate certificate
- LDAP domain environment / based authentication
Read the entire article here, How to install and configure NetScaler 11.1 Unified Gateway (VPX) | InfraShare.net
via Christiaan Brinkhoff at infrashare.net