How to back up your Citrix NetScaler VPX with NetScaler Management & Analytics System (MAS)
Back in the days, the only official method to backup your Citrix NetScaler devices was to use Citrix Command Center. Since Citrix released their NetScaler MAS (Management & Analytics System) in June 30, 2016, there was a new kid in town that can do the same, and even more… It combines the NetScaler Insight, Control Center and Citrix Command Center into 1 NetScaler product.
NetScaler MAS is a centralized management, orchestration and network analytics software appliance. It provides a simple way to manage all of your NetScaler Appliances through a central simplified dashboard. The dashboard also analyzes the existing configuration of your NetScaler and advice you if it’s the recommended setting or if it’s not.
In this article I will describe in a step-by-step installation how you can do the initial setup of a NetScaler MAS, based on a VMware hypervisor infrastructure and the setup of an automatic ‘’scheduled’’ backup of your NetScaler VPX.
Some other advanced features of MAS are:
- SSL certificate management to minimize access disruptions
- Automated provisioning of NetScaler services
- Support High Availability (2 or more nodes)
- Application-centric configuration templates to simplify application deployment
- Integrates with third party orchestration platforms (VMware, Docker, Cisco etc.)
- Scheduling of firmware upgrades with no downtime (HA required)
- Support for multi-cloud and hybrid environments
- Comprehensive role-based access to different groups and users
- Logging and analytics to provide actionable insights
- Citrix Director Insight integration (XenApp/Desktop 7.11 or higher)
Read the entire article here, How to back up your Citrix NetScaler VPX with NetScaler Management & Analytics System (MAS) | InfraShare.net
via Christiaan Brinkhoff at infrashare.net