Gartner Research: IoT Platforms, Devices and Identity Management
New Research: IoT Platforms, Devices and Identity Management
Gartner just published my latest research note. It focuses on the intersection of the IoT platform and identity management—for both devices and users. This note attempts to answer some popular questions from our clients, including:
- How do I establish and maintain device trustworthiness? Before you can rely upon the data generated by the device, you must be able to trust it.
- What are the core capabilities I should look for in an IoT platform? What capabilities will I need in the future?
- How can I counteract the risks of connecting to devices and gateways that I don’t own manage?
- How do I limit the exposure associated with intelligent, API-driven devices?
Identity management capabilities for seven of the most popular IoT platforms are assessed:
- AWS IoT
- Bosch IoT Suite
- GE Predix
- IBM Watson IoT Platform
- Microsoft Azure IoT Suite
- Oracle IoT Cloud Service
- PTC ThingWorx Platform
Read the entire article here, New Research: IoT Platforms, Devices and Identity Management
Via the fine folks at Gartner.