Freedom! Deliver GPU-Accelerated DaaS Cloud Workstations From Azure
In the past year, several big advancements in GPU-accelerated computing have promised that major changes are ahead for organizations that use large, expensive workstations to deliver graphics-rich applications. While some of this technology isn’t even a year old yet, its potential to transform the way entire industries work has created quite a buzz. Enter cloud workstations…
Here’s what you should know about the newest desktop-as-a-service (DaaS) technology from Workspot and how it delivers GPU-accelerated workstations in the cloud and on-prem.
Why make IT the bottleneck?
To deliver high performance graphics or compute intensive applications like CATIA, AutoCAD, Revit, SOLIDWORKS, Adobe Premiere and others, you need to provide each user with a physical windows workstation with lots of compute and memory. These high-end physical workstations come with challenges:
- High CapEx – these desktops are incredibly expensive.
- High TCO – requires hardware refresh every 3 years.
- Time-consuming: Users often wait for weeks to get their workstations becau se IT has to procure them, configure them and then deliver them to the users. No flexibility for temporary projects.
- High networking costs – Sharing large files/datasets between users and sites is challenging.
- Inefficient – Difficult to collaborate in real-time with geographically dispersed teams on the same 3D models.
- Immobile – In the age of mobility, GPU workstation users are still tethered to their desks.
Read the entire article here, Freedom! Deliver GPU-Accelerated DaaS Cloud Workstations From Azure
via the fine folks at WorkSpot