Ericom AccessNow for Citrix: Browser-based Access to Windows Desktops and Apps on XenApp & XenDesktop
Ericom’s HTML5 Client — AccessNow for Citrix — delivers browser-based access to Windows desktops and applications hosted on Citrix XenApp (4.5 and higher) and XenDesktop — from Chromebooks and any other endpoint device with any HTML5 browser. No Citrix or operating system upgrades required!
Why Ericom AccessNow for Citrix?
While Citrix Receiver for HTML5 enables access from Windows devices, Macs and Chromebooks to hosted Windows desktops and applications provided by Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop, it requires version 6 and higher. Ericom AccessNow for Citrix augments Citrix robustness with access to Windows applications, desktops and data from ANY browser and ANY device:
- Supports access to published desktops and applications from Citrix XenApp servers and Citrix XenDesktop managed VMs, from Windows PCs, Linux, and Mac, iPad / iPhone, Android, RIM Playbook / Blackberry, Chromebooks, and any other OS that supports an HTML5 browser
- Is compatible with earlier versions of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop as far back as XenApp 4.5 (Presentation Server), removing the immediate need to upgrade to Citrix XenApp version 6
- Runs in HTML5 Web browsers, eliminating the need to install, configure, manage or maintain plug-ins, separate products or updates for an ever-growing variety of end-user devices
- Comes with Ericom SSL Secure Gateway (no SSL VPN deployment needed)
- Works smoothly with existing SSL VPNs (in case the organization already deployed an SSL VPN), and does not require installing an SSL VPN client which mandates admin rights on the user device
- Provides the same functionality on all supported platforms. Also, does not require any user rights on the user device – works even from locked down devices
- Can be launched directly from organizational portals, even on mobile devices, providing maximum connectivity
As a zero client solution, Ericom AccessNow greatly simplifies user access to virtual desktops and applications. It’s an ideal solution for organizations seeking to implement BYOD initiatives, support Business Continuity and extend the existing investments in their Citrix environments.
- Works with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and ANY other HTML5-supported browser
- Works on Windows, Mac, Chromebooks, Linux, iPad, Android smartphones and all other devices running an HTML5 browser
- Is also available as a standalone product (that does not require Citrix XenApp or any other connection broker)
- Compatible with earlier versions of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop – as far back as XenApp 4.5 (Presentation Server)
- Supports access to Windows applications on Terminal Server (RDS); the backend systems can be Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2008 R2