Get past the hype and focus on simply, reliably, and cost-effectively protecting your systems and data.
There are always a few “secrets” in any industry – and the backup and restore business has its share. Our secrets are widely known within the industry but are less well-known outside of it – for the obvious reason that none of these secrets helps the majority of the vendors in this space. These secrets are
- The cost of backup software is a fraction of what you’re going to spend.
- When something goes wrong, the costs of finger-pointing are enormous.
- Online backup is an unbelievably slow recovery medium.
- Per-client and upgrade fees are the cash cow of the industry.
- If you don’t protect all of your notebooks and PCs, you are risking some of your most important data.
- Tape is a great backup medium but a lousy restore medium.
- Putting your backup software on a Windows server means that you are at risk for all those computer viruses against which you’re trying to protect your environment.
- Supporting heterogeneous environments is a commitment; not an afterthought.
- Replication requires either expensive dedicated hardware or a lot of resource.