As the industry moves from the traditional PC to user-centric computing, desktop virtualization and cloud technologies are growing in popularity, based on the benefits of independently managing applications, user environment, and operating system layers. Separating the layers utilizing desktop virtualization technologies enables organizations to transition towards user-centric computing, enabling scenarios for users to work from anywhere and on any device. This transition requires organizations to evaluate and often change their current process to separate the desktop into independent layers of management. This white paper focuses on transitioning applications into the formats required for user-centric and cloud computing models.
Download the “Automating Application Virtualization with AdminStudio Suite from Flexera Software” white paper to gain insight into:
- How to implement an end-to-end process that identifies, prepares and converts desktop applications into virtual format packages or resources for delivery to traditional desktops, VDI infrastructures, session, and cloud-based solutions.
- Automate the conversion of multiple MSIs and legacy installers to industry leading virtual desktop formats including Microsoft App-V, VMware® ThinApp™ and Citrix® XenApp™ , ensuring a consistent approach that is up to nine times faster than using native sequencing tools.
- Automatically tests desktop applications including Microsoft App-V, VMware® ThinApp™ and Citrix® XenApp as well as Microsoft Server App-V applications to determine their suitability for conversion and deployment as virtual applications.
- View and manage multiple application virtualization formats and traditional MSI packages all in one tool.
- Run conflict and validation tests of packages to ensure they won’t conflict with each other or with other physically deployed applications and to ensure that they conform to best-practice packaging.