Download HideCalc 2.0 – A Free Tool for Hiding Drive
Just over 10 years ago, in the early days of Citrix MetaFrame, HideCalc was released as a free utility to allow an administrator to easily hide drives from a user’s view in Windows! This is useful if you need to lock down a machine to stop users from doing damage where they shouldn’t be or saving data where they shouldn’t be. HideCalc helped me out over and over and has been downloaded on DABCC.com over 500,000 times since it’s release! This is a much have app and now 2.0 is here! Yippee!
The features of HideCalc Version 2.0 are:
- Export to ADMX Group Policy templates for Server 2008/Vista/Windows 7.
- Export to ADM Group Policy Templates for Server 2000/ 2003/ 2008/ Workstations NT4/ 2000/
- XP/ Vista/ Windows 7.
- Export for Kix Scripts.
- Export for PowerShell Scripts.
- Export to a .REG file.
- Hides Drives that you specify.
- Prevents Drives that you specify. (Some legacy applications file manager will undo the Hide Drive Setting, this stops access if it does )