Download Citrix Feature Pack 2 for XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 NOW!
Feature Pack 2, announced at Citrix Synergy in May, is now available for XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 customers with active Subscription Advantage (SA) or Software Maintenance (SWM) as of June 24, 2015. It’s packed with user experience improvements, and powerful new capabilities for IT admins to enrich and extend their current app and desktop virtualization environments.
Feature Pack 2 includes the following:
- HDX RealTime Optimization Pack – Server scalability is the “Achilles heel” when it comes to delivering real-time webcam video in a virtualized environment without an optimized point-to-point solution. The Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack provides IT with a scalable solution that lowers overall latency and bandwidth consumption while improving video performance. Now the latest HDX RealTime Optimization Pack works in conjunction with Citrix Receiver for Mac, Windows and Linux devices to enhance the performance of Microsoft Lync (2010 and 2013), Skype for Business and Office 365 within a virtualized environment. For people who use Lync for comprehensive unified communications, this optimization supports the critical telephony features they need.
- Citrix Receiver – Employees use an average of three computing devices for work purposes. The all-new Citrix Receiver simplifies how people access their virtual apps and desktops across Windows, Mac, Chrome and Linux devices, and clientless HTML5. Whether using a desktop, laptop or tablet, the look and feel of the Receiver interface will be consistent—and customizable by IT admins to include company logo, colors, and other design elements. Plus, app bundles for different workgroups (e.g. finance department) can be quickly created using the new StoreFront and featured in Receiver for fast access to the apps people need the most.
- StoreFront 3.0 – Citrix Receiver is coupled with StoreFront 3.0, which provides a front-end infrastructure for Receiver and consolidates access to Windows, Linux, web and mobile apps while enabling businesses to customize the look and feel of Receiver to ensure that each employee gets the same familiar app and desktop access experience on whatever device they are using. The new StoreFront includes an assortment of templates for accelerating the design of the Receiver interface, which is maintained even if users download Receiver updates.
- Linux Virtual Desktops – Engineers, developers and designers who use Linux 2D applications can now be even more productive and mobile using non-Linux devices. For the first-time ever, XenApp extends support to hosted shared Linux virtual desktops, enabling specialized Linux applications—particularly from industries such as oil and gas, manufacturing and media—to be accessed from Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Chrome devices. The new feature supports SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP3 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6.
- HDX with Framehawk – In today’s modern workplace, employees aren’t tethered to a desk computer and wired network. They’re using work and web apps on their mobile device in conference rooms, collaboration areas, presentation centers and other locations around the office. For users with Windows laptops, ultrabooks and tablets, Framehawk greatly improves the user experience on corporate wireless connections, which are prone to packet loss and latency issues. The first release of Framehawk is for delivering a better-than-native user experience to Windows devices. Framehawk support for other device types such as Apple iPad—and interoperability with NetScaler Gateway for remote worker use cases—is planned for later this year.
Read the entire article here, Feature Pack 2 for XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 is Now Available!