Double-Take Software Releases New Version of Double-Take Flex
Double-Take Software (NASDAQ: DBTK):
- Double-Take® Software (NASDAQ: DBTK) is releasing Double-Take® Flex version 3.1, which will provide users with beneficial new features, including support for hot desking, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and segregated data storage.
- Double-Take Flex is an easy-to-use and cost-effective solution that allows multiple desktops or servers to boot from a centralized image repository stored on SAN-based storage or NAS to increase administrator control and security, while reducing the cost of management.
- Double-Take Flex allows companies to better manage IT workloads in the face of rising costs associated with of desktop and server provisioning and management.
- Double-Take Flex customers include theU.S. Army, U.S. Department of Commerce, Mojave Water District, Palm Beach County Health District and City of Lodi.
New Features in Double-Take Flex 3.1
- Support for Hot Desking – Hot desking uses the Double-Take Flex NOMAD architecture to allow users to easily boot their workloads from one machine to another and take advantage of shared image capabilities. This feature is independent from a machine and can be implemented on any virtual or physical machine within a single location.
- Support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 – This support allows users to have a disaster recovery and business continuity plan in place while enjoying the benefits of increased reliability and flexibility for their server and desktop infrastructures.
- Support for Segregated Data Storage – A user’s unique data is stored separately from the group’s boot image, allowing Double-Take Flex to update the shared boot image without overwriting an individual’s unique data. This feature provides significant data de-duplication by maintaining one shared boot image instead of a boot image for each user.
- Optional Add-On – Double-Take Flex also provides administrators the option of using RES PowerFuse User Workspace Delivery Software to keep track of user’s unique profile changes independent of the master boot image.
Bob Roudebush, director of solutions engineering at Double-Take Software: “This new version of Double-Take Flex provides our customers with enhanced features to make managing IT workloads, especially corporate desktop, easier and more streamlined. For example, using its unique shared boot image technology, Double-Take Flex now enables each user’s desktop experience to seamlessly follow them around from device to device, leveraging the existing technology investments they’ve already made.
- Double-Take Software: www.doubletake.com
- Double-Take Flex: www.doubletake.com/english/products/double-take-flex/Pages/default.aspx
About Double-Take® Software
Headquartered in Southborough, Massachusetts, Double-Take® Software (Nasdaq: DBTK) is a leading provider of affordable Workload Optimization products that are simple to use and enable IT managers to easily move, protect, recover and more flexibly run critical IT workloads in physical and virtual environments, regardless of platform or location. With its unparalleled partner programs, technical support, and professional services, Double-Take Software is the solution of choice for more than 19,000 customers worldwide, from SMEs to the Fortune 500. Double-Take Software was named a winner of the Best of Tech·Ed 2009 awards program in the System Management and Operations category by Penton Media’s Windows IT Pro and SQL Server Magazine for its Double-Take® Move product. Information about Double-Take Software’s products and services can be found at www.doubletake.com