Devon IT Announces New Comprehensive Package of Server-Based Desktop Computing Services for Clients
Companies can leverage Devon IT’s server-based desktop computing expertise, learn how implementing this computing method can reduce overall desktop computing costs by 70%
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa.- Devon IT, the fastest-growing thin client terminal company in the world, today announced a comprehensive suite of server-based computing solutions services. These services enable companies to quickly understand how server-based computing can work in their environment, provide a detailed, customized roadmap for implementation, integration, and testing, and are applicable with thin clients and secure access computing products.
“Information Technology executives are looking for a much more cost effective way to deliver PC functionality to their user community,” explained Joe Makoid, President, Devon IT. “Alternative desktop technology has recently evolved to where a powerful PC can be delivered and managed to users at a fraction of the cost. As IBM’s Dr Bradicich states in his popular 7 benefits presentation and web cast there are multiple ways the alternative server based desktop can be delivered.”
Devon IT solutions offerings include:
· Discovery services that help companies understand server-based computing and what it means for their specific IT environments. Focuses include the various approaches to server-based computing, software and hardware options, virtualization, advantages and cost benefits, and mobile-user integration.
· Professional services that include training courses and specialized pathway programs in hosted client technologies, including Citrix and VMware certified courses
· Consulting and Mentoring services designed to help customers master the tools, methods, and best practices needed for a successful hosted client integration process.
· Integration and Testing services that provide development, project management, and full integration of hosted client systems based on customer requirements
· Bundled Solutions with all hardware and software for a complete server-hosted desktop implementation that is fully integrated and tested.
Application to Corporate Environments
With the affordability, reliability, and security of Devon IT server-based computing solutions, businesses have the opportunity to examine how a thin client computing model can help increase their returns on technology investments. Devon IT thin client terminals provide customers with the reliability and manageability needed for demanding corporate environments, such as:
· Mixed Application Environments – many businesses today use a mix of application platforms, making it difficult to deploy applications and information to all users. For example, deploying both UNIX and Windows applications to a user may require separate access devices or emulation software.
· Mixed Device Environments – the growing popularity of wireless and diverse information appliances is adding to the wide array of client devices used in many enterprises. Such a mix of devices can cause accessibility and support problems.
· Mobile Workers – the diversity of network connection types, protocols, and transmission speeds limit the ability of organizations to deploy Windows, UNIX, Java, and Web-based applications cost-effectively to mobile workers, telecommuters, and branch office personnel.
· Extended Enterprise – the extension of enterprise information systems to external users, such as suppliers, distributors, and customers, creates application deployment issues that are outside the control of information systems managers. These include the quality, performance, and security of the network connection, the client platform involved and the technical expertise of the external user.
· Internet Business Initiatives – with the global adoption of the Internet and e-business, organizations need solutions for Web-enabling existing business applications without the time and cost required for re-engineering.
· Security – delivering sensitive business information to mobile workers, via the Internet or from within the enterprise, raises concerns about protecting data and ensuring privacy.
“Thin clients were clearly the way to go for us,” explained Steve Delozier, President, Supply Marketing, a Point-of-Care healthcare marketing firm. “We work with major pharmaceutical companies and over 400,000 physicians, so data security is paramount to us. Devon IT provided a complete server-based thin client solution for our IT environment, including our mobile sales force. This included desktop terminals, thin client notebooks, and a completely integrated secure access solution.”
“With multiple locations in our school district, we needed a secure, reliable server-hosted desktop solution and determined that thin clients would be ideal,” commented John Glenn. Network Administrator, Sidney Public Schools in Nebraska. “Devon IT understood our network environment, explained how server-hosted desktop technology could be integrated, and provided us with the services we needed to test and implement thin client computing in our environment.”
Makoid concluded that, “Now with these prepackaged solutions, a server based integration and testing center and a team of experienced engineers these desktops can be delivered in a professional and cost effective manner. Finally for companies and institutions of all sizes the server based desktop is a reality.”
Devon IT is the only thin client company in the marketplace capable of effectively delivering these complete solutions to customers. With our VMware, Citrix, IBM, and Microsoft expertise, our hardware, software and integration partnerships, and the most cost-effective thin client terminal available, these solutions offerings become extremely compelling.”
To contact Devon IT for more information about server-based computing, thin client terminals, or SafeBook, or to arrange for a demonstration, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 610-757-4110 or toll-free 888-524-9382. Information is also available at www.devonit.com or www.safebook.net.
About Devon IT