Dell Cloud Introduces Simplified Cloud-Enabled Solutions for Running SAP® Applications in the Cloud
Dell Services today announced the first offers in its new Dell Cloud suite for SAP® solutions, further enriching Dell’s portfolio in support of SAP solutions. For customers looking to move their SAP solutions into a secure hybrid, public or private cloud, Dell Cloud for SAP Solutions provides two easy-order offers that blend a set of SAP-certified enterprise-class cloud services.
Dell Cloud for SAP Solutions provides the agility to easily integrate legacy applications and enables customers to expand beyond physical resources for “just in time” resource allocation and incremental on-demand capacity.
The two offerings are:
- The Dell Cloud Starter Kit for SAP Solutions helps organizations get started on their cloud journey quickly by providing customers with 60-day access to Dell’s enterprise-class, secure cloud environment. This offer includes compute power equivalent to 8,000 SAP Application Performance Standard (SAPS) unit of measure, is powered by Dell Cloud with VMware vCloud® Datacenter Service and is coupled with Dell’s established consulting, application and infrastructure services in support of SAP solutions.
- The Dell Cloud Development Kit for SAP Solutions provides access to a robust 32,000 SAPS of virtual computing capacity to deploy development environments for more advanced customers who need a rich development landscape for running SAP applications. This offer provides a comprehensive developer environment with additional capabilities for application modernization and features industry-leading Dell Boomi technology for rapid cross-application integration.
Dell Cloud offers for SAP solutions include the following SAP-certified components and recognized experience:
- Dell Cloud with VMware vCloud Datacenter Service can deliver a secure, enterprise-class, multi-tenant cloud solution with unique hybrid cloud capabilities that provides organizations the agility to achieve their outcomes.
- Dell Cloud for SAP Solutions includes multilayer cloud security using Dell SecureWorks® and VMware vShield™ to protect critical IT assets.
- Dell Consulting Services, which relies on years of implementing systems running SAP solutions worldwide, works with customers to determine the solutions best for their environment.
- The Development Kit includes industry-leading Dell Boomi as the centralized platform to deliver enterprise-grade integration with all of the cost savings and benefits of a SaaS solution.
These offers are included in the Dell Cloud for SAP Solutions as follows:
|Dell Cloud for SAP Solutions:||Starter Kit||Development Kit|
32 GB Memory
1750 GB SAS Storage
128 GB Memory
6400 GB SAS Storage
|Model – Duration|
Reserved – 60 Days
Reserved – One Year
|Dell ProSupport (7×24)||Yes||Yes|
|Dell Consulting Services||Yes||Yes|
Customers running SAP applications on open-standards, x86 platforms, and VMware vSphere® 4.1 can take advantage of either the Dell Cloud Starter Kit or the Dell Cloud Development Kit for SAP Solutions by contacting their Dell sales representative. Additional Dell Cloud offerings for SAP solutions are planned to be announced later in 2012.
“SAP customers can take advantage of the Dell Cloud with VMware vCloud® Datacenter Services to accelerate their journey to the cloud in order to improve business flexibility and productivity while lowering costs,” said Gary Green, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware. “Together with Dell and SAP, we’re enabling organizations of all sizes to safely and securely transform their legacy IT environment and integrate these cloud services faster and easier into their business.”
“Dell and VMware have a proven track record of providing enterprise-class, secure clouds to organizations of all sizes,” said Kevin Jones, vice president, Dell Services. “Now we’re giving customers running SAP solutions an easy, low-risk way to take advantage of all the benefits of the cloud in a way that fits seamlessly into their existing IT environments.”
“SAP, in cooperation with its partners, is leading the development of cloud solutions to reduce customers’ TCO and improve their business agility through the use of innovative cloud products and the development of open industry cloud standards,” said Dr. Jürgen Kreuziger, senior vice president in charge of the TIP Core Lifecycle Management team at SAP. “The Dell Cloud suite for SAP solutions is an innovative approach for transitioning customers to private, public and hybrid cloud solutions.”
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. Dell Services develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of services and solutions in applications, business process, consulting, infrastructure and support to help customers succeed. Learn more at www.dell.com.