DABCC Radio: Virtualization Management Podcast with Alex Bewley and Nick Johnson from up.time Software – June 24, 2009 – Episode 83
In Episode 83, Douglas Brown interviews Alex Bewley, Co-Chief Executive Officer and Chief Technology Officer and Nick Johnson, Director of Marketing at up.time software.. In this podcast Doug, Nick, and Alex will discuss the up.time solution for enterprise virtualization and physical systems management, how it works, what it takes to install, how and why a customer would benefit from it, plus much more.
- Improve Visibility and Manageability: See all virtual and physical infrastructure (including applications) through role based dashboards. Minimize risk and downtime with one complete cross-platform solution.
- Enable Rapid Virtual Infrastructure Growth: Plan, consolidate, monitor, optimize, and automate the virtual infrastructure. Quickly see how to increase VM density to grow faster. Track and measure VM sprawl issues.
- Quickly Isolate Problems: Alerting, fast root-cause detection, and automated actions to stop outages from recurring in the future. Drill deep into advanced VMware metrics to optimize workloads for maximum density.
- Automatically Avoid Incidents Before They Occur: Easily automate actions to stop recurring and future outages with a deep integration with VMware’s vCenter Orchestrator.
- Immediate Cost Savings: with Per-Physical-Server Licensing and Quick deployment (in as little as one day)
About Alex Bewley, Co-Chief Executive Officer and Chief Technology Officer
Alex Bewley is a computer scientist with a B.Sc.H in Computer Science from Queen’s University, and has over 12 years of professional experience in the computer industry in a variety of roles and disciplines. He brings an uncanny ability to understand and speak in both deeply technical and business terms, bridging the chasm between business needs and technology. Before uptime, Alex spent time with Sun Microsystems. Since 2000, when he co-founded uptime software, he has been instrumental in the development of their up.time™ software product.
Douglas Brown worked at Citrix Systems, Inc. as a Senior Systems Engineer from 2001 to 2004 at which time he was voted Systems Engineer of the Year 2002 by his peers and management at Citrix. He was awarded the Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional) by Microsoft Corporation in 2005 through 2009 for his contributions to the industry. He was also a charter award winner of the Citrix Technology Professional (CTP) for his continued support of the Citrix community.
- Click to Add the DABCC Radio podcast show to iTunes!
- Click for the DABCC Radio podcast show RSS feed and to subscribe to many other web-based podcatchers.
- Click to be emailed when a new podcast is posted!
- Click to Add the DABCC TV video podcast show to iTunes!
- Click to visit the DABCC-TV video podcast web page