DABCC Radio – Episode 3 – January 22, 2007 – Performance Monitoring Interview with Michael Schumacher from Lakeside Software and more…
We are very happy to announce episode 3 of DABCC Radio on our regular release day, every Monday!!! DABCC Radio is a podcasting / video podcasting show geared around Virtualization and Server-Based Computing News and Support interviews, editorials, and tips & tricks pertaining to technologies such as, Citrix, VMware, Microsoft, SoftGrid, Performance Monitoring, application deployment and much, much more.
Episode 3 is broken down in to three segments:
- Interview – Lakeside Software’s SysTrack – Interview with Michael Schumacher, CEO and Founder Lakeside Software
- Tips from the Trenches with Douglas Brown – Citrix releases Hotfix Rollup Pack 5 for Citrix Presentation Server 3.0
Interview – Performance Management interview with Michael Schumacher from Lakeside Software:
This week we are very happy to have Michael Schumacher, the President, CEO, and Founder of Lakeside Software. Mike and Douglas will discuss Lakeside’s SysTrack Performance Management solution.
Lakeside Software’s SysTrack is the easiest to use, most complete way to monitor and tune application performance. SysTrack combines comprehensive system Management capabilities with inventory tracking and sophisticated statistical analysis for applications and users to create a total management solution. Since 1997 Lakeside Software has been a leader in management solutions for the Windows marketplace.
The following are just some of the many features found in Lakeside Software’s SysTrack:
- Proactive, real-time Management and alerting – Diagnose problems before they happen!
- Deliver system health reports via HTML web pages to upper management
- Per process – Blackbox Data Recorder, for root-cause analysis.
- Trend analysis – Up to 3 years worth of trending data for accurate capacity planning metrics
- Event Log Management & Management – Using SysTrack, receive a notification (audible alarm, email, page, etc.) when new events are added to the event log. Retain event logs for SOX & HIPPA compliancy.
- Hardware / Software Inventory
- Change detection & alerting-receive a notification when a hardware or software change has been made. Generate reports for auditing of changes to any Windows based system.
- User & Application Auditing – who is running what applications when/where/for how long?
- System lock-down; with the ability to lock out potentially hazardous applications from running in the environment, or lock-in a standard build of applications to preserve the integrity of the system.
About Michael Schumacher
Michael Schumacher is CEO and founder of Lakeside Software. Mr. Schumacher holds a BSE and MSE in computer engineering from the University of Michigan and has over 20 years experience in systems software development. He has held various management and technical positions in the software field, most recently with Lakeside Software since 1997. Mr. Schumacher has designed and developed thin-client software products for the past 11 years, including SysTrack resource management software, terminal server load-balancing products and remote access products.