DABCC Live On-Demand Webinar: Best Practices for Virtualizing Performance-sensitive Production Applications
In the following DABCC Live on-demand webinar we are very happy to have VMTurbo with us to discuss their real-time virtualization management solution.
- Virtual machine resource utilization and performance behaviors may be dramatically different from those of physical servers. In contrast with physical servers, VMs see their resources fluctuate dynamically and may experience interference from other VMs.
- Virtualization increases the utilization of physical resources, possibly driving applications beyond the boundaries of safe operations.
- Virtualization eliminates IT silo boundaries, making each layer of the IT stack more sensitive to interference by the others. These interferences can lead to reduced performance, availability, and efficiency and reduced ROI at every layer of the IT stack.
- Virtualization thus requires new resource and performance management approaches to handle these factors of complexity. Without proper management of the virtualized data center, "Virtualization 2.0" initiatives stall.
- Explore the common sources of performance bottlenecks in virtualized data centers
- Identify best practices for VM performance optimization
- Compare and contrast VM performance management approaches and and tools