Cortado Cloud Desktop Turns Amazon’s Kindle Fire Into Portable Personal Business Device
Cortado, a leading innovator of the business class of cloud desktop services, announces today that its business app, Cortado Workplace, is now available on the Amazon Appstore for the newly released Kindle Fire. Cortado Workplace is a free app that provides users with round-the-clock access to files and documents and true cloud printing, allowing them to fully utilize the Kindle’s local capabilities and work on the go just as they would with a desktop PC.
With the Cortado Workplace app, managing files and cloud printing are easier than traditional cloud services as no additional running applications or a running computer are needed, delivering a unique approach to cloud desktop devices.
"The Cortado Workplace app is the answer to the Post-PC era.” said Henning Volkmer, president and CEO of Cortado. “By allowing Amazon Kindle Fire users to display documents, manage, exchange data with popular office applications for editing, send via e-mail, or print out, Workplace caters to the demands of the business user who works in a BYOD culture and in turn is paving the way for consumerization of IT."
Cortado Workplace provides users with the following features and benefits:
- 2GB of free central cloud storage
- Integrating over 6,000 print drivers, Workplace can access over 10,000 different printer models
- Easy to access, user-friendly file and document management
- Easy to exchange and edit documents from multiple devices via the relevant Office application, such as Quick Office
- Support for all common document formats
- Ability to print any document to the nearest Wi-Fi or – for Android, BlackBerry and iOS users – also to Bluetooth enabled printers
- Multi device support, via the new Welcome Screen: A user can access his Workplace from an iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry or Symbian smartphone and an Android device. The user only has to login via the welcome screen.
The Cortado Workplace solution is based on the Cloud Desktop Services technology developed by Cortado. With the app users can view, conveniently manage or send files as e-mail. With native apps for Apple iOS, Android and BlackBerry, as well as an HTML5 client for any cloud connected device, Cortado delivers important desktop features via the cloud in a quick, easy and cost effective way transforming them into complete workstations. Cortado’s Cloud Desktop products are also available for businesses “on premise” as Cortado Corporate Server. With full integration of Cloud Desktops and enterprise IT, companies enjoy unique, secure, cost effective remote access to answer Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and consumerization challenges in a Post-PC world.
Download the free Cortado Workplace app for Amazon Kindle Fire here: http://www.amazon.com/Cortado-Workplace/dp/B004XN0G72/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=mobile-apps&qid=1326822791&sr=1-1.
More information on the free Cortado Workplace solution can be found at: www.cortado.com/workplace.