Cloud Computing Webinar: rPath Defines the Path for Cloud Computing Success
Amazon Web Services and Independent Research Firm are Webinar’s Featured Guests
With confusion and vendor competition rising, cloud computing can sound like hype and empty promises. In an upcoming webinar, rPath and featured guests Amazon Web Services and Forrester Research will bring clarity to cloud computing with:
- Forrester defining cloud computing;
- Amazon Web Services discussing their technology infrastructure platform; and,
- rPath proposing a graduated, Cloud Computing Adoption Model.
Attendees will gain a context for understanding the role of cloud computing and its potential for their organizations as well as a pragmatic, actionable, step-by-step framework for achieving measurable benefits now, while laying the foundation for the strategic benefits of a cloud infrastructure over time.
What: “The Pragmatist’s Guide to Cloud Computing: A 5-Step Framework for Achieving the Strategic Value of Cloud Computing While Delivering Real ROI Along the Way”
Who: Featured guest Jeff Barr, senior Amazon Web Services evangelist; Frank Gillett, vice president and principal analyst, Forrester Research; and Billy Marshall, founder and chief strategy officer, rPath
When: Thursday, October 23, 2008, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern time (11:00 a.m. Pacific time)
How: Register for this free event at http://www.rpath.com/cloudwebinar
IT executives, line of business executives and practice leaders, operational strategy executives, application architects, and other attendees will learn:
- Emerging trends related to cloud infrastructure
- Common myths about cloud services
- Five levels of cloud computing adoption
- How to incrementally adopt cloud and virtualization technologies using a stepwise approach that yields real ROI and lays the foundation for next-generation computing
- The usability and economic benefits of scalable, hosted, and virtually infinite infrastructure of platforms like Amazon Web Services.
In addition, all registrants will receive a complimentary copy of “The rPath 5-Step Framework” along with the Forrester Research Paper, “Future View: The New Tech Ecosystems of Cloud, Cloud Services and Cloud Computing.”
For more information on rPath, please visit http://www.rpath.com/corp.
Recent News and Resources
- SOASTA Leverages rPath’s Technology to Ship Virtual and Hardware Appliances: http://www.rpath.com/corp/news-and-events/252-09302008
- rPath Enables VMware Ready Virtual Appliances: http://www.rpath.com/corp/news-and-events/248-091608
- rPath Launches New Technology to Accelerate Adoption of Cloud Computing via the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud: http://www.rpath.com/corp/news-and-events/238-09042008
rPath is the pioneer and leader in technology for virtualizing software applications and managing the complete lifecycle of virtual appliances and application images. ISVs and enterprises rely on rBuilder and the rPath Lifecycle Management Platform to automate the creation, configuration, conformance, management and maintenance of application images for virtualized and cloud computing environments. By producing application images that are optimized for any hypervisor, rPath frees the application from the underlying hardware, and enables a more efficient, lower cost model for development, maintenance and support and dramatically accelerates application deployments. rPath’s end-to-end technology simplifies the entire range of lifecycle management activities for application images, while promoting scalability in response to dynamic demand. rPath is headquartered in Raleigh, NC. Visit http://www.rpath.com/corp.