Cloud Computing, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Podcast with Siamak Farah from InfoStreet – August 5, 2009 – Episode 90
In episode 90, Douglas Brown interviews Siamak Farah, Founder and CEO of InfoStreet. Douglas and Siamak discuss the InfoStreet solution along with a discussion in to the good, the bad, and the ugly of Cloud Computing. Douglas puts Siamak on the hot seat to discuss the many potential pit falls of cloud computing and SaaS. Siamak does an amazing job countering Doug’s arguments. Douglas and Siamak also discuss the following areas:
- What is Cloud Computing?
- What is Software as a Service (SaaS)?
- How does Citrix (Presentation Virtualization) fit in to SaaS?
- We dive deep in to Cloud Computing security and privacy issues and what this really means
- A discussion on some of the hesitations around Cloud Computing
- Who does SaaS and Cloud Computing work with offline access
Douglas Brown worked at Citrix Systems, Inc. as a Senior Systems Engineer from 2001 to 2004 at which time he was voted Systems Engineer of the Year 2002 by his peers and management at Citrix. He was awarded the Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional) by Microsoft Corporation in 2005 through 2009 for his contributions to the industry. He was also a charter award winner of the Citrix Technology Professional (CTP) for his continued support of the Citrix community.
- Click to Add the DABCC Radio podcast show to iTunes!
- Click for the DABCC Radio podcast show RSS feed and to subscribe to many other web-based podcatchers.
- Click to be emailed when a new podcast is posted!
- Click to Add the DABCC TV video podcast show to iTunes!
- Click to visit the DABCC-TV video podcast web page