Citrix XenMobile: Delivering a Truly Seamless Workspace Experience
If you’ve ever wanted to use the full-blown Windows version of your office productivity apps on your tablet, or to get access to your internal Windows/Linux Desktop without complex VPN and innumerable prompts for credentials, you are not alone. Here at Citrix, we hear you, and we’ve got some great news for you.
Citrix XenMobile enables “no-prompt” SSO for your SaaS apps, virtual apps and desktops from your mobile phone or tablet.
What that means is that any app—Windows legacy or not—running on any platform, can now run on your tablets or mobile phones without having to authenticate to each one. This is true to our Citrix Workspace Suite vision of any app, any device, any platform.
The advantages and use cases from a mobile productivity standpoint are tremendous. Here are a few:
- IT doesn’t need to develop LOB applications to support each mobile platform. They can simply deploy a windows app to any device running XenMobile without any development effort.
- End users don’t need to carry bulky laptops everywhere. Just carry a sleek tablet (or device of your choice) and access your virtual desktop, save your content when you are done, and pick up where you left off, even on a different device.
- The Citrix X1 Mouse brings the desktop mouse experience to your tablet!
- XenMobile provides a unified app store. All corporate apps are in one place, regardless of the type of app.
- A XenMobile user can access productivity apps, such as WorxMail integrated with ShareFile, SaaS apps, virtual desktops, and virtual apps, all without separate logins.
- IT speaks with a single vendor for licensing, billing, and support for their complete EUC (end user computing) solution. Reduces shadow IT.
Read the entire article here, XenMobile: Delivering a Truly Seamless Workspace Experience
via the fine folks at Citrix Systems, Inc.