Citrix XenDesktop 7.8 HDX Display performance improvements
- Citrix XenDesktop 7.8 and Citrix XenApp 7.8 by Citrix CTP Thomas Poppelgard
- Installation and Configuration of Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop 7.8 AppDisks and AppDNA by Citrix CTP Dane Young
- Citrix XenApp 7.8 and XenDesktop 7.8 released by Alexander Ervik Johnsen
In this article I’ll focus on the enhancements that have been made to the Citrix HDX Display protocol stack. The what’s new guide for Citrix XenDesktop 7.8 states the following enhancements:
- Framehawk server scalability improvements. Over 40% average reduction in memory footprint. Up to 20% increase in CPU efficiency.
- Reduced VDA memory footprint in Thinwire. The graphics encoder processing pipeline now eliminates the use of an intermediate frame buffer when running Thinwire without video codec compression.
These statements are screaming to be independently measured and that’s what this article is all about.
Read the entire article here, Citrix XenDesktop 7.8 HDX Display performance improvements
via Barry Schiffer at barryschiffer.com