Citrix XenDesktop 7.11 Released! and testing with N-series in Azure using DDA
So last night, Citrix released XenDesktop 7.11 which now already supports Windows Server 2016! Which is now availble here –> https://www.citrix.com/downloads/xenapp-and-xendesktop/product-software/xenapp-and-xendesktop-711.html
But that not all! it has alot of new capabilities as well!
- Support for Hyper-V DDA
- Support for Azure Resource Manager deployments (Which I have blogged about here –> http://msandbu.org/delivering-xendesktop-from-microsoft-azure-using-azure-resource-manager/
- When using Machine Creation Services to create a Machine Catalog containing desktop OS VMs, you can now choose whether MCS provisions thin (fast copy) clones or thick (full copy) clones.
- Deployment using you can now choose whether MCS provisions thin (fast copy) clones or thick (full copy) clones.
- Publishing of Windows Universal Applications
- Enhancement to caching behavior of video content in Thinwire
- TWAIN 2 support
- Relative mouse support
- Updated Client USB device optimization rules policy setting
- Generic USB redirection for mass storage devices on XenApp (Now enabled by default!)
- Access to a high-performance video encoder for NVIDIA GPUs using NVENC
- Zone preference (We can now specify if a desktop or application group should be mapped to a users home zone
It also comes with StoreFront 3.7 which now support Windows Server 2016 as well!
Did I mention that Windows Server 2016 comes with HTTP/2 by default? Which will increase the performance of HTML 5 based Web Receiver rather dramatically.
Read the entire article here, XenDesktop 7.11 released! and testing with N-series in Azure using DDA
via Marius Sandbu.