Citrix Session Recording 7.13 – New HA and Database Options
Session Recording is a key component in Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Platinum Edition that enables IT admins to record active virtual app and desktop sessions by leveraging very flexible policies and then saving the recording file for future viewing when needed.
The most common scenarios when deploying Session Recording are as follows:
Faster problem resolution:
- Replay actual screen activity at exact moment of failure
- Quickly troubleshoot errors through time-stamped visual records
- Helps address difficult to reproduce errors
Enhanced auditing for compliance:
- Monitor activity involving sensitive data
- Record admin screen for change management of critical systems
- Notify users of recording to help deter potential wrongdoing
The new Session Recording 7.13 is available with XenApp and XenDesktop 7.13. Let’s learn more about what new features are available in this latest release:
Database High Availability
The database is always mission-critical to business requirements and the same applies to Session Recording components, as well, since our functions closely rely on back end SQL Server databases. Without an active database connection, Session Recording cannot perform any activities, such as searching recorded videos and so on. It’s therefore essential to support database high availability deployments in Session Recording to prevent a single point of failure.
Read the entire article here, Session Recording 7.13 – New HA and Database Options
via the fine folks at Citrix Systems, Inc.