Citrix Releases Worx Home 10.3.10 for iOS
Citrix just released XenMobile client release 10.3.10 which includes platform compatibility for iOS 10 and Android 7. The Worx apps and MDX Toolkit are currently available from your Citrix customer download page. Worx Home 10.3.10 is currently available in the App Store and on Google Play.
Key information for XenMobile client 10.3.10
iOS 10 compatibility updates:
- iOS 10 support only requires a XenMobile client update. There is no server impact or server update required.
- XenMobile client components updated with 10.3.10 to support iOS 10 include Worx Home, Worx apps and the MDX Toolkit.
- For iOS 10, admins should wrap apps with the latest MDX Toolkit (10.3.10) to ensure compatibility with both Worx Home 10.3.10 and iOS 10.
- If end-users upgrade to iOS 10 before upgrading to Worx Home 10.3.10 and Worx apps 10.3.10 they will be prompted to upgrade the apps in order to continue.
- iOS compatibility updates for Worx Home – On iOS 10, a new mechanism is used by default for secure data sharing between Worx Home and the MDX applications. Worx Home 10.3.10 installs the VPN as part of its installation on iOS 10 or when users upgrade their device to iOS 10. The VPN does not filter any network traffic nor does it require any set-up from the end-user. The new Worx Home VPN mechanism does not apply to XenMobile MDM-only deployments and enrollments.
Worx Home VPN is turned on by default for all users on the XenMobile environment. However, if you are deploying or recommending a VPN app (such as Cisco AnyConnect or Citrix VPN) to end-users, please disable the Worx Home VPN functionality by adding the following custom client property to the XenMobile server.
Client Property Key: ENABLE_NETWORK_EXTENSION
Additionally, in our testing of the iOS 10 release, we noticed the following issue which has been reported to Apple. The issues is only seen for a few limited use cases with MDM deployments only. Apple is reviewing these issues and we keep you informed in our periodic updates.
- Apple’s Volume Purchase Program (VPP) apps are prompted for re-install while they are already installed on the device.
Android 7 compatibility updates:
The Android 7 (Nougat) release no longer trusts user-added Certificate Authorities: Click HERE for more information. We encourage customers to use public root CA in lieu of user-added CA.
Users upgrading to Android 7 may be impacted if they are using private/self-signed CA.
Client connects will be broken on Android 7 devices under the following configurations:
- Customers with private/self-signed CA and Required Trusted CA for XenMobile option on XenMobile Auto-Discovery Service (ADS) is set to ON.
- Customers with private/self-signed CA and ADS is not reachable. Due to security concerns, when XenMobile ADS is not reachable the system automatically turns Required Trusted CA as ON even if it was initially set as OFF.
For more information on any of the above topics please visit us at docs.citrix.com.
The Worx apps and MDX Toolkit are currently available from your Citrix customer download page