Citrix Releases Updated ShareFile App in Time for iPhone 5 Launch
Citrix today released major updates to its ShareFile app for iPhone, making it easier to access files, share content and collaborate from anywhere securely. Today’s advancements enhance the company’s popular secure file sharing service with new IT control capabilities to ensure the security of company data when accessed from a mobile device and productivity features for users. ShareFile for iPhone is available immediately for download from the App Store in time for the iPhone 5 launch.
“ShareFile iOS applications have already seen major momentum with downloads more than doubling each quarter,” said Jesse Lipson, VP and GM, Data Sharing, Citrix. “At Citrix, we’re focused on empowering mobile workstyles, and today’s ShareFile app for iPhone release provides users with the latest in content sharing and security on any iPhone, including the soon-to-be-released iPhone 5.”
What Is New
- Unauthorized access alert: This new feature tracks files viewed in ShareFile for iPhone (andShareFile for iPad) after a remote wipe is activated, even when the user is offline. The app generates a log, indicating whether files were viewed so that users can determine whether data was compromised – providing critical insight in the event of a lost or stolen device.
- Intelligent device security policies: The new “poison pill” option enables IT to set data expiration policies. Plus, multiple preferences settings allow IT to decide whether files can be opened in third-party applications or saved offline.
- Enterprise Active Directory integration: ShareFile for iPhone connects to Active Directory and SAML enterprise identities for a more seamless and secure user experience.
- Improved auditing and reporting: Enhanced capabilities help IT to track and log user activity.
- Offline access: Advanced options allow users to save files locally for offline access and editing.
- Quickoffice integration: Integration with Quickoffice enables users to edit Microsoft Office documents and save them back to ShareFile.
- Easy access to multiple accounts: Redesigned interface makes it simple to view multiple ShareFile accounts and folders, providing users with easy access to all of their data.
- The Salinas Police Department Deputy Chief challenged his team to improve their process for submitting police reports. They were using cassette recorders with a standard tape, which proved to be difficult to manage. The department now uses ShareFile mobile apps to easily file reports from the field.
- Babington Technology, a manufacturer of military equipment, uses ShareFile mobile apps to streamline daily operations. The company is required by its government clients to provide weekly written and visual progress reports. With ShareFile’s iOS apps, the process of gathering and sharing images is quick and efficient for the company.
Why It Matters
Businesses of all sizes are increasingly seeking new ways to keep their workforce connected and productive without tethering them to their desks and laptops.
The Citrix mobile application suite balances connectivity and personal freedom, allowing employees to access everything they need to securely conduct business regardless of whether they are working from home or on the road.
Specifically with Citrix ShareFile, users can store, share and sync data across all their devices. The ShareFile app for iPhone enables secure mobile workstyles by providing users with a rich follow-me-data experience while offering IT the management and control needed to ensure sensitive corporate data is secure at all times.
Learn More About Our Mobile Solutions
Citrix also today announced Podio for iPad, available immediately for download from the App Store. Podio is a collaborative work platform, designed to help teams reduce emails, spreadsheets and multiple unconnected web services. Users can easily launch and access files saved in ShareFile from within Podio.
- ShareFile for iOS (iPhone and iPad), Android (phone and tablet), BlackBerry and Windows Phone
- Podio for iOS (iPhone and iPad), Android
- GoToMyPC for iOS (iPhone and iPad), Android (tablet)
- GoToMeeting for iOS (iPhone and iPad), Android
- GoToAssist for iPad, Android
- Receiver for iOS (iPhone and iPad), Android