Citrix Release “Citrix Provisioning Server for Datacenters 4.5” (formally known as Ardence)
The following are new features/modifications to the Provisioning Server Platform:
- Re-branding: The Ardence software has been fully re-branded to Citrix Provisioning Server for Datacenters.
- Product Edition Restructuring: The previous Ardence Editions and Options structure has been revamped as part of this release. The Secure Edition and Device Edition are not part of this release.
- Citrix License Manager: Integration with Citrix licensing and removal of Ardence licensing system.
- Boot Device Manager: The ability to create bootable USB and CDROM boot devices.
- NIC Teaming: The ability to leverage multiple NIC cards installed on the target device to support network/NIC failover.
- MS WHQL Certified Drivers: All Provisioning Server drivers have been certified.
Citrix support have also posted the following Citrix Provisioning Server for Datacenters 4.5 related white papers:
- Provisioning Server 4.5 Release Notes
- Provisioning Server 4.5 Management Application Programming Interface Guide
- Provisioning Server 4.5 Installation and Administration Guide
- How to Install and Configure Ardence with VMware
If this is not enough for you and you are one who seeing is believing then you can watch Citrix CEO Mark Templeton and Senior Product Manager Pete Downing demo Citrix Provisioning Server at iForum 07 – Citrix iForum 07 Provisioning Server Video Demonstration
To learn even more about Citrix Provisioning Server for Datacenters 4.5 you can listen the following DABCC Radio podcast with Citrix Provisioning Server Senior Product Manager Pete Downing. In this podcast Pete and Doug Brown will discuss the Citrix Provisioning Server solution, the benefits, the architecture, how it works, what is needed to install and deploy it, what new features we can expect in the 4.5 and 5.0 releases, plus much more! – Listen to the DABCC Radio – Citrix Provisioning Server Technical Podcast with Pete Downing from Citrix
To download Citrix Provisioning Server for Datacenters 4.5 then please refer to the following page: Citrix Systems – Software Download Citrix Provisioning Server for Datacenters 4.5 (A Login to MyCitrix is required)