Citrix: Provisioning XenApp & XenDesktop Workloads In Azure Germany Cloud
I am pleased to announce preview support in Citrix Cloud XenApp and XenDesktop service to provision VDAs in the Azure Germany cloud. This allows Citrix administrators to quickly deploy and manage XenApp and XenDesktop workloads in the Azure Germany cloud using the same familiar Machine Creation Services (MCS) interface currently available for various other worldwide Azure regions.
Azure Germany is a secured and isolated cloud
- All customer data and related systems reside in Germany
- It’s designed to meet strict European Union (EU) requirements
- Controlled by a German data trustee (T-Systems International GmbH)
- Available to organizations doing business in EU/EFTA and UK
As you heard Microsoft’s Brad Anderson’s mention in our recent webinar: Citrix + Microsoft: Accelerate a secure journey to the cloud, the footprint and number of such isolated instances of Azure, whether it’s Azure US Government, Azure Germany or Azure China, will only increase in the coming years due to increased data sovereignty laws and requirements, as well as security and compliance reasons.
Provisioning VDAs in Azure Germany Cloud consists of two steps:
- First you establish a connection between Citrix Cloud XenApp and XenDesktop service and your Azure Germany subscription by creating Host Connection and defining Hosting Resources.
- Second step is to create VDAs using the established connection and resources using Citrix Machine Creation Services (MCS).
Read the entire article here, Provisioning XenApp & XenDesktop Workloads In Azure Germany Cloud
Via the fine folks at Citrix Systems, Inc.