Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN Enhanced to Support Branch Network Simplification and Expanded Security
NetScaler SD-WAN Helps Enterprises Says Yes to Network Revolution, Enhances Secure, Reliable Application Delivery and Lowers Networking Costs
As organizations embrace digital transformation, IT departments are increasingly modernizing and streamlining their internal networks. Software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN) is an important technology that IT is deploying to achieve this transformation ensuring local and remote office locations have the most secure, reliable access to mission critical data and applications. SD-WAN represents a $6 billion market opportunity for networking vendors and service providers by 20201 according to IDC, as this technology drives increased flexibility, reliability, and security that enterprise applications now require, while also lowering both capital costs and simplifying operations. Citrix, a leader in the SD-WAN market, today announced enhancements to its NetScaler SD-WAN platform offering features to enhance reliable and secure application delivery combined with intelligent branch routing technology.
With NetScaler SD-WAN, Citrix offers enterprises a simple yet sophisticated solution to quickly and cost-effectively begin wide-scale deployments of SD-WAN, reduce network complexity and set up their branch to consume applications from the cloud in a seamless and more secure manner. NetScaler SD-WAN is a comprehensive software-defined WAN solution that is easy to deploy and use in a single affordable appliance with integrated visibility and control. The turnkey solution incorporates application-aware virtualized WAN connectivity, dynamic routing, separate routing domains, WAN optimization, end-to-end visibility, support for the newest Citrix HDX protocols and secure internet breakout. To simplify and reduce cost of deployments, Citrix is introducing a new level of affordability for enterprise branches through new appliance options and its new cloud-based, secure Zero Touch Deployment services. Zero Touch Deployment eliminates the need for local technical staff by automating the deployment process and offers a tool to prevent rogue devices from accessing the network – a risk present in many existing solutions in the market.
The new features of NetScaler SD-WAN 9.1 address the many challenges enterprises currently face as they modernize their corporate networks with SD-WAN, including:
- Multiple Deployment Modes – NetScaler SD-WAN provides an alternative to the legacy branch router while also enabling customers to take a hybrid approach across their locations, using existing routers where appropriate and migrating to NetScaler SD-WAN, with its full built-in routing capabilities, without disrupting operations.
- Application Separation – Provides enterprises with the ability to build multiple virtual networks that separate, such as guest Wi-Fi, point-of-sale information and patient records, or across lines of business. This capability enables customers to enhance the overall security of applications while applying distinct policies to each end-to-end network.
- Attractive Branch Service Economics – Lowers the barrier for entry for customers to start with a SD-WAN solution by providing a highly affordable branch appliance, the NetScaler SD-WAN 410. This appliance is specifically engineered for customers with a highly distributed business and provides is able to scale up to 7X higher bandwidth without needing to swap in new hardware.
- Rapid, Low Cost Deployments – The new cloud-based, secure Zero Touch Deployment service frees up IT staff from the complex logistics typically associated with branch office installations by automating the deployment process. The ZTD service provides a granular level of security with features to verify that only the appliances purchased or assigned to a customer are deployed, at the designated branch, using the correct configuration.
- Efficient and Secure Web and Cloud Connectivity – Enables secure internet breakout from the branch through simplified connectivity to cloud security services by companies like ZScaler. Internet traffic leaving the branch can be directed via a secure tunnel to the cloud security platform, which provides Secure Web Gateway (SWG), cloud firewall, sandboxing, and other branch security needs. Similarly, NetScaler SD-WAN supports secure connectivity to major cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
(1) IDC Research – Cloud and Drive for WAN Efficiencies Power Move to SD-WAN, Page 5, March 2016 #US41101416
Boris Kotevski, National IT Manager at Rehab Management
“Citrix delivered on its promise of a more reliable WAN and higher application quality with the NetScaler SD-WAN solution. The additional enhancements in the latest release of the NetScaler SD-WAN platform are compelling and the zero touch service with the new lower cost appliance will allow us to expand quickly as we add additional locations within our network.”
Chalan Aras, Vice President and General Manager, NetScaler SD-WAN at Citrix
“Today’s market includes solutions that are simply ‘a collection of technologies’ that require multiple appliances, complex integrations and assorted management systems. NetScaler SD-WAN is a simple, yet sophisticated solution that helps customers implement SD-WAN in a quick, cost-effective manner, reduce network complexity, and enable employees to seamlessly consume applications from the datacenter or cloud.”
Rohit Mehra, Vice President, Network Infrastructure at IDC
“SD-WAN has rapidly garnered interest from enterprises and service providers alike as we continue on our journey to the cloud and embrace SaaS applications, coupled with our insatiable desire for more bandwidth across distributed locations. Because of the associated complexity with this ongoing transition to cloud-based applications and services and related concerns around security, existing WAN architectures and deployment models are under pressure to cost-effectively adapt and deliver new capabilities and services.”
NetScaler SD-WAN 9.1 is available today. The NetScaler SD-WAN 410 appliance will be available in November 2016, and the NetScaler SD-WAN Zero Touch Deployment service will be available as a Tech Preview in November 2016.
- NetScaler SD-WAN product page
- Announcement: Citrix Solutions Provide Employees at The Watershed with Greater Mobility and Quicker Access to Crucial Patient Data
- Announcement: Arca Continental Leverages Citrix Solutions to Drive Growth and Expand Customer Base
- Blog: NetScaler SD-WAN: Your Route to A Smooth, Fast, Cost-Effective Migration to A Software-Defined WAN
- Blog: NetScaler Family Expands to Feature SD-WAN
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) aims to power a world where people, organizations and things are securely connected and accessible to make the extraordinary possible. Its technology makes the world’s apps and data secure and easy to access, empowering people to work anywhere and at any time. Citrixprovides a complete and integrated portfolio of Workspace-as-a-Service, application delivery, virtualization, mobility, network delivery and file sharing solutions that enables IT to ensure critical systems are securely available to users via the cloud or on-premise and across any device or platform. With annual revenue in 2015 of $3.28 billion, Citrix solutions are in use by more than 400,000 organizations and over 100 million users globally. Learn more atwww.citrix.com.