Citrix: Meeting CIO Priorities for the Digital Transformation of Government
Digital transformation is top-of-mind for officials at every level of government—especially the state and local agencies that deliver constituent services every day of the week. But what does this mean, and what does it involve? We all understand the potential of new technologies to help people engage more easily and effectively with government, and vice versa, but what’s the right way forward?
I have conversations like these every day with Citrix customers and others in the public sector, and had the opportunity to dig deeper at last month’s annual conference of the National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) in Orlando. NACIO’s State CIO Priorities for 2016 to enable digital transformation include:
- Prioritizing security and risk management to protect data and deter cyber threats
- Using cloud services to enable “as-a-service” models
- Consolidating, centralizing and optimizing resources
- Modernizing legacy platforms and apps
- Improving budgeting and cost control
- Attracting and retaining a new generation of talent
- Improving disaster recovery and business continuity
Read the entire article here, Meeting CIO Priorities for the Digital Transformation of Government
via the fine folks at Citrix Systems, Inc.