Citrix Call-Home, a potential successor for Scout — here is what you need to know
Citrix Call Home according to the e-docs pages “Call Home collects diagnostic data and then periodically uploads telemetry packages containing that data directly to Citrix Insight Services for analysis and troubleshooting”. A nice summary, but of course there is a bit more to it. Below I have put together a brief ‘did you know that’ overview, a somewhat different format then what you are used here on basvankaam.com — let me know what you think.
Did you know that…
- The Call Home functionality as we know it today (including auto uploads) has come out of Tech Preview since XenApp and XenDesktop version 7.9?
- It (Call Home) was first introduced (a couple of years ago) on the Citrix NetScaler platform (s)?
- The information gathered through Call Home is also used (besides troubleshooting) to improve the quality, reliability and performance of Citrix products in general?
- It (Call Home) runs as a background service, also known as the Citrix Telemetry Service?
- When you install certain (additional) components and/or features as part of XenApp and/or XenDesktop, including the installation and set-up of a new Site you may be asked if you want to enable Call Home? Just be aware that participation will be selected by default.
- In the case of XenApp and XenDesktop it primarily applies to your Delivery Controllers and your VDA’s?
- If you choose not to participate, you can still enable it later? Only using PowerShell though.
Read the entire article here, Citrix Call-Home, a potential successor for Scout — here is what you need to know
via Bas van Kaam at basvankaam.com