Citrix: Announcing 100% iOS 8 Compatibility for XenMobile
The Citrix XenMobile team is happy to announce full iOS 8 compatibility for all editions of XenMobile (cloud or on-premise) including: XenMobile MDM, App, and Enterprise Editions.
About iOS 8
iOS 8 is the latest software release, from Apple, meant for its mobile product line. iOS 8 is compatible with iPhone 4s onwards, iPod 5th generation, iPad 2 onwards, iPad Mini 1st generation onwards and Apple TV 3rd generation onwards. What this means, is that iOS 8 will rapidly become, the dominant iOS platform.
iOS 8 is a massive release, and improves upon iOS 7 in many ways. While it’s hard to call out all the little things here, let me focus on what I consider as the top 5 features of this release:
- With iOS 8, Apple really opened the platform to developers, with over 4000 new APIs. 3rd party keyboards, App Extensions, new technologies for game development, ability to leverage Touch ID in all 3rd party apps, PhotoKit, CloudKit, …
- Apple Payments – This is going to fuel the NFC payment market, given the proliferation of iOS devices, and the vendor tie-ups Apple has announced.
- HealthKit – With the announcement of HeathKit framework, for iOS developers to leverage, iPhones are expected to set a new trend as true fitness devices.
- Continuity – This is a new theme Apple has developed, with its Handoff capabilities baked into iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite. Continuity simply means, start your note / email / message /… on one device, and seamlessly complete it on another. All devices are always in sync, and ready to handoff; whenever, wherever.
- Touch ID – Apple announced Touch ID for the first time with iOS 7, but its usage was limited to device unlock and App store purchases. With iOS 8, Apple has now opened the Touch ID framework to all developers; which means that the way we work on our iPhones / iPads, is about to undergo a major transformation. No pins, No passwords – simply touch!
Read the entire article here, Citrix: Announcing 100% iOS 8 Compatibility for XenMobile