Citrix Announces Citrix XenApp 6 – Download Available March 24th
Citrix just announced Citrix XenApp 6 will be available for download on March 24, 2010! XenApp 6 was purpose-built for Windows Server 2008 R2, XenApp 6 is packed with a slew of new features and enhancements for advanced management and scalability, a rich multi-media experience over any network and self-service applications on any device – from PC to Mac to smartphone.
- Built for Windows Server 2008 R2 with increased scalability of up to 20% more users per server.
- Simple, fast product installation cuts installation time in half with role-based setup wizards and simplified server deployment.
- AppCenter simplifies application management with a single, more intuitive console.
- Seamless integration with Microsoft management tools streamlines application management with Active Directory group policies and PowerShell.
- HDX RealTime collaboration enables real-time audio and video collaboration using Microsoft Office Communicator and VoIP softphones.
- HDX RealTime audio ensures CD quality audio while using 90% less bandwidth.
- HDX Plug-n-Play for Windows portable USB devices ensures a seamless user experience with expanded USB support for POS interfaces, webcams, microphones, scanners and more.
- Self-service app storefront delivers self-service access to the applications users need with Citrix Dazzle.
- App-V integration enables IT to manage and deliver both Citrix and Microsoft virtual applications on demand from a single point with Microsoft App-V.
- Citrix Receiver for Windows, Mac & Linux enables applications to be delivered on demand to Windows, Mac and Linux desktops using a single, auto-updating client.
- Expanded plug-in support for Citrix Receiver ensures high performance access to more applications and services with new Receiver plug-ins for WAN acceleration, Single sign-on, and EasyCall voice communications.
- Citrix Receiver for iPhone and Android gives users ultimate mobility with access to corporate applications from popular smartphones, including iPhone, Windows Mobile, and now Android.