Cisco Next Gen 32Gb Fibre Channel NVMe SAN Updates
Cisco Next Gen 32Gb Fibre Channel and NVMe SAN UpdatesCisco announced today next generation MDS storage area networking (SAN) Fibre Channel (FC) switches with 32Gb, along with NVMe over FC support.
Cisco Fibre Channel (FC) Directors (Left) and Switches (Right)
Highlights of the Cisco announcement include:
- MDS 9700 48 port 32Gbps FC switching module
- High density 768 port 32Gbps FC directors
- NVMe over FC for attaching fast flash SSD devices (current MDS 9700, 9396S, 9250i and 9148S)
- Integrated analytics engine for management insight awareness
- Multiple concurrent protocols including NVMe, SCSI (e.g. SCSI_FCP aka FCP) and FCoE
Read the entire article here, Cisco Next Gen 32Gb Fibre Channel NVMe SAN Updates
via Greg Schulz.