Building Clouds with Windows Azure Pack
- Build, deploy and manage cloud solutions using combination of Windows Azure Pack, System Center and Hyper-V
- Impress your peers at work by learning to build applications that can leverage the cloud to meet the needs of your organization
- Get overall view about the functionalities of Azure Pack and understand how to build cloud fabric, Iaas, Paas, DBaaS offerings
Windows Azure Pack is an on-premises cloud solution by Microsoft, which can be leveraged by Organizations and Services providers for building an enterprise class cloud solution. WAP provides consistent experience to Microsoft Azure, along with capabilities such as multi-tenancy, high density, self-service, automated. WAP can be leveraged to provide both IaaS & PaaS Offerings to internal and external customers.
In this book, we will learn about planning and deployment of Cloud Fabric for Windows Azure Pack, Azure Pack components, VM Clouds and IaaS offerings, PaaS Offering including WebSites & Service Bus, DBaaS offerings, Automation with SMA, and extending capabilities with third party products integration and tenant experience for all services.
What you will learn
- Learn about Windows Azure Pack architecture
- Get Cloud Fabric ready and then plan , install and configure Windows Azure Pack solution
- Build VM clouds and IaaS offerings for private Cloud and service provider’s Cloud solutions.
- Learn about planning and deployment of three Cloud services models of WAP – IaaS, PaaS(WebSites , Service Bus) , DBaaS(SQL, MySQL)
- Plan and manage Azure Pack plans, subscriptions and add on’s for tenants
- Experience the solution built from tenant or customer point of view.
- Integrate Azure Pack with Service Management Automation(SMA) to automate your cloud Solution
- Extend your Azure Pack capabilities and integrate it with other vendors or solutions components such as VMware, Cloud Cruiser, etc.
About the Author
Amit Malik is an IT enthusiast and technology evangelist from Delhi, India. He specializes in Virtualization, Cloud, and emerging technology space. He has an intense knowledge in building cloud solutions with Microsoft Windows Azure Pack.
Amit holds various industry admired certifications from all major OEM’s in Virtualization and Cloud space including MCSE for Private Cloud.
Amit has designed and built numerous virtualization and private cloud solutions comprising the product lines of Microsoft, VMware, and Citrix.
Apart from these, he can be found working on emerging technologies including VDI, hyper convergence, Software Defined Infrastructure solutions including networking and storage, Containers, Big Data, IoT, and other similar technologies. Amit is interested in building products and doing product management in near future for related technology space.
You can always reach Amit on LinkedIn (https://in.linkedin.com/in/amitmalik99)or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Table of Contents
- Know Windows Azure Pack and Its Architecture
- Getting the Cloud Fabric Ready
- Installing and Configuring Windows Azure Pack
- Building VM Clouds and IaaS Offerings
- Assigning Cloud Services – Plans, Add-Ons, Tenant Accounts, and Subscriptions
- Experiencing the Cloud Services – the Tenant’s Point of View
- Delivering PaaS – WebSites Cloud and Service Bus
- Delivering Database as a Service
- Automation and Authentication – Service Management Automation and ADFS
- Extending WAP Capabilities with Partners’ Solutions