Browser Isolation with Microsoft Windows Defender Application Guard
- Microsoft brings hardware isolation to the web browser
- Bromium and Microsoft have similar approaches to browser isolation using virtualization
- Microsoft protects only their own OS and proprietary Microsoft applications
- Bromium works with all Microsoft VBS technologies, and together we secure far more of the Windows attack surface than Microsoft does on its own
Creating momentum around virtualization-vased security.
With the October release of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Microsoft brings its own hardware isolation to web browsing with Microsoft Edge. Application Guard for Edge now joins Device Guard and Credential Guard in virtualizing additional aspects of the overall enterprise security experience.
Get the White Paper: Closing the 1% Gap that’s Costing You Millions
Windows 10 Enterprise edition is now supplementing detection with isolation on the endpoint in three specific areas:
- Around operating system components with Device Guard
- Around network credentials with Credential Guard
- Around their flagship web browser with Application Guard for Edge
How Edge Browser isolation works.
Read the entire article here, Browser Isolation with Microsoft Windows Defender Application Guard
via the fine folks at Bromium