Azaleos Adds Support for Microsoft Hyper-V Server to Exchange E-Mail Management Services
OneServer Virtual Edition Uses Hyper-V to Reduce Hardware Requirements and Simplify High Availability/Disaster Recovery
Azaleos Corporation, the managed Microsoft Exchange services company, today announced that its award winning OneServer Virtual Edition product now also supports Microsoft Hyper-V Server for virtualization of Microsoft Exchange e-mail servers. The immediate availability of Hyper-V support combined with existing support for VMware ESX, allows customers to choose either virtualization platform, or a physical server option, for their Exchange infrastructure with Azaleos OneStopTM Services.
Azaleos OneStop remotely managed services enable organizations to maintain an on-premise deployment of Exchange, while off-loading monitoring and administration to professionals in the Azaleos network operations center.
"Exchange Server 2007, and its multiple roles, requires organizations to deploy several hardware servers to take advantage of its full capabilities," said Michael Osterman, President, Osterman Research. "Hyper-V Server allows organizations to reduce hardware costs, lower their power consumption, and streamline high availability and disaster recovery configurations for Exchange using virtualization technology that is fully supported by Microsoft."
Since Microsoft Exchange Server typically does not require the full processing capabilities of an entire server, it is ideally suited for virtualization where its needs can be combined with other workloads. Although virtualization of Exchange can be used to consolidate server and storage resources, simplify administration, as well as streamline high availability and disaster recovery – it is not appropriate for all environments. Azaleos has published a free whitepaper that outlines the benefits, challenges, and disadvantages of deploying Exchange on a virtual machine.
The "Virtualizing Exchange" whitepaper is available at: http://www.azaleos.com/request_download.html?id=42.
Azaleos OneServer Virtual Edition now provides support for the leading virtualization platforms – Microsoft Hyper-V Server and VMware ESX server. Customers can choose either alternative based on their needs, preferences, or existing investments. OneServer Virtual Edition is an all-in-one service endpoint that integrates an optimized operating system and application software components to deliver highly available, scalable, and reliable Microsoft Exchange e-mail for today’s enterprises. It enables organizations to reduce from four to two the number of physical servers normally required for a highly available Exchange configuration.
"In our tests with Exchange Server, Microsoft Hyper-V Server performed on par with the much more mature VMware ESX Server, which is impressive," said Scott Gode, Vice President of Product Management for Azaleos. "Adding support for Hyper-V to our OneServer portfolio allows customers to choose from a broader set of virtual and physical platform options for our OneStop services based on their technical and financial needs."
Azaleos OneStop Managed Services
OneStop Managed Services available on OneServer Virtual Edition include:
- ViewXchange, a real-time monitoring and reporting system for Exchange and its associated IT infrastructure.
- ManageXchange, a remote command and control service that allows Azaleos technicians to monitor, manage, patch, troubleshoot and fix issues in a customer’s Exchange environment on a 24×7 basis.
- MobileXchange, a turnkey mobile device management and monitoring solution for the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) that can be rapidly deployed to provide remotely managed 24×7 services.
- ProtectXchange, a comprehensive anti-virus/anti-spam service powered by MessageLabs that prevents threats from penetrating the network and safeguards data from malicious interference.
- RestoreXchange, a complete dual-site disaster recovery service that handles both dial tone and mail storage restoration to minimize the impact on employee productivity and business continuity.
- ArchiveXchange, an automatic archival and storage service that moves e-mail from the Exchange server to secondary storage to improve performance and reduce costs. ArchiveXchange enables users to access older mail using Outlook, web browsers, or mobile devices.
Azaleos Corporation provides 24X7 remotely managed messaging services for enterprises with on-premise installations of Microsoft Exchange Server and Blackberry Enterprise Server. Azaleos OneServer and OneStop Services offer remote monitoring, management, maintenance, and reporting, which enable an organization’s IT staff to focus on strategic technology initiatives. Azaleos solutions can be installed and up and running in less than one day. A Microsoft Gold Certified partner, Azaleos was founded in 2004 and is led by senior executives from Microsoft, IBM, and Lotus. For more information visit us on the Web at http://www.azaleos.com/.