August 2014: LogicMonitor’s Favorites from Around the Web
Too busy to keep up with what’s happening on the Web? Never fear. Starting this month, LogicMonitor will begin posting our favorite tech articles, blog posts, ebooks, videos, podcasts, cat pictures and more every month. Our favorites from August:
- The engineers at Shutterstock posted about the key metrics they use for monitoring search on their website.
- At the OpenWebCamp conference in San Francisco, Dylan Wilbanks gave a presentation titled Making Fire-Proof, Failure-Proof, Future-Proof Things. In the recording, Dylan discusses the need for creating a practice for navigating technical debt in startups.
- Who could forget the outages caused by the number of border gateway protocol tables surpassing 512k? Some of those impacted include eBay, Comcast and Time-Warner. Read more about the grisly details.
- Duncan Epping posted the first of his new series titled “VMware / ecosystem / industry news flash,” which will be a series of highlights in the world of VMware.
- Great post about the hybrid cloud model, titled “The Epic Moment of Hybrid Cloud”.
- Last but not least, a bug report where OpenOffice failed to print but only on Tuesdays. Turns out it was only one specific printer so it is more of a humorous edge case than an actual bug. Still a fun read.
Read the entire article here, August 2014: LogicMonitor’s Favorites from Around the Web