Atlantis: Bringing Enterprise Data Services to Containers and Microservice Architectures
Atlantis has partnered with Rancher Labs to deliver a fully-automated, unified platform that can orchestrate and provision Docker containers and deliver purpose built application defined persistent storage for Docker containers. It provides a single platform with a rich set of data services, provisioning and management of compute, storage and containers by combining in-memory and persistent storage for container runtime and data storage for Docker volumes.
Atlantis USX Overview
- Atlantis USX is a software defined storage platform with data services such as in line data reduction, data protection with distributed persistence, distributed in memory storage, compression, inline IO acceleration, snapshots and data reduction aware backup and DR.
- Atlantis USX enables enterprises to pool and abstract all storage (SAN, NAS, Flash, RAM, DAS, Hybrid Arrays, and Public Cloud) and instantly deliver virtual storage volumes to any application. By pooling storage, both storage capacity and performance are used more efficiently in the datacenter, lowering cost, increasing performance and making datacenters more agile.
- Atlantis USX includes integrated Content-Aware Data Services that leverage Atlantis real-time data reduction technology, IO acceleration, provisioning, data mobility, security and business continuity for any storage.
- Atlantis USX provides policy-based management of virtual storage volumes that allows administrators to define the capacity, performance and availability requirement for individual VMs or applications.
- Atlantis USX delivers automation of all storage functions through REST APIs that are leveraged by third-party orchestration systems to provide Quality of Service (QoS), self-healing to provide resiliency, autonomics to create the optimal storage volume configurations, and event-based management to automate self-provisioning of applications.
- The figure below illustrates Atlantis USX’s major components and features.
Read the entire article here, Atlantis Community – Blog Post: Bringing Enterprise Data Services to Containers and Microservice Architectures
via the fine folks at Atlantis