This document provides information about NxTop Center, Virtual Computer’s network management application.
NxTop Center performs all the administrative tasks for the solution. It keeps a database of all objects in the NxTop solution:
- Users (which computer is assigned to each, which VMs, Policies, and Virtual Applications are assigned, the backups for each NxTop Engine)
- Groups (which users belong to which groups, and group assignments)
- Virtual Machines (Which OS, and version, which Groups and Users, policies, and virtual applications are assigned)
- Policies (policy definitions for Expiration, Backup, Lockout, USB device use)
- Software (what is available in the Software library, and which NxTop Engine has it been assigned to)
- Computers (which users are supposed to use them)
- Events (detailed audit trail of actions for each object in NxTop Center)
NxTop Center builds the NxTop Engines, manages local users and groups, handles integration with Active Directory, and assigns VMs to users. When contacted by a NxTop Engine, it sends down (updated VMs, virtual applications, or policies, and restored user data) or accepts (backups) appropriate files and holds them as needed.
NxTop Center can restore a user's data from backup onto the same or a new computer. NxTop Center itself can be backed up and restored using conventional backup tools.
The NxTop Administrator can request information about the computer running a NxTop Engine - disk use, hardware available, diagnostics. The Administrator can create a copy of a NxTop Engine in a Workbench equipped with tools to examine and optimize it.
To learn more and to download the above file, please visit: Virtual Computer NxTop Enterprise Quick Start Guide
Sponsored Link: http://www.unitrends.com/free-backup/?src=dabcc