Red Bend Software, the market leader in Mobile Software Management (MSM) with more than 1 billion Red Bend-Enabled™ devices, today announced the immediate availability of vLogix Mobile™ 5.0, the first Mobile Virtualization solution ready for mass-market deployment to consumer and enterprise smartphones, tablets, modems and wirelessly connected devices. Unlike other Mobile Virtualization products, vLogix Mobile is the first that can be integrated in a matter of weeks rather than months, enabling the fastest time to market.
vLogix Mobile 5.0 (formerly VLX™) combines the proven performance and reliability of the industry’s most widely deployed Type-1 mobile hypervisor with Red Bend’s unparalleled experience in making advanced embedded technologies work within the unique complexities and resource constraints of mobile platforms. vLogix Mobile enables two operating systems to run simultaneously, separately and securely on the same hardware for:
- Extending support for legacy software on new platforms, which eliminates the need to redesign, redevelop and revalidate existing software to support new OS configurations, and
- Combining separate profiles for business use and personal use on the same smartphone, known as Bring Your Own Device (BYOD).
“Mobile Virtualization solutions such as Red Bend’s vLogix Mobile enable OEMs to make their devices more competitive in both feature set and price point, while enabling CIOs to meet the new challenge of BYOD,” said Stacy Crook, senior analyst, Mobile Enterprise Software research, IDC. “By reusing existing software assets more cost effectively, supporting new applications more rapidly and securely separating work and life on one phone, the entire industry can benefit from Mobile Virtualization.”
vLogix Mobile 5.0 provides:
- Fast Integration – Expanded management capabilities and an extensible architecture make it easier and faster for manufacturers to bring virtualized mobile devices to market. As a result, integration now takes weeks, not months—making vLogix Mobile the only Mobile Virtualization solution viable for the mass market.
- Standards-Based – Supports a pre-standard implementation of the new Virtualization Management Object (VirMO) standard proposed by Red Bend in the Open Mobile Alliance Device Management (OMA DM) Working Group—a critical step in ensuring that OEMs, operators and enterprises avoid the costly end-to-end control points found in the server virtualization market.
- Over-the-Air Management – Allows virtualized devices to be continuously managed over the air using Red Bend’s market-leading solutions for device management, software management and analytics, and firmware over-the-air (FOTA) updating, used to manage more than 900 mobile device models.
vLogix Mobile is built on the VLX Type-1 mobile hypervisor from VirtualLogix, acquired by Red Bend in September 2010. The solution has been licensed by more manufacturers to virtualize more smartphones and connected devices than all other Mobile Virtualization products combined.
“Driving market adoption of advanced technologies like Mobile Virtualization requires getting the entire ecosystem to work together. For our competitors with no experience in the mobile industry, this is a daunting challenge,” said Yoram Salinger, CEO of Red Bend Software. “Only Red Bend has the experience in working with every leading device manufacturer, semiconductor vendor and mobile operator to drive the adoption of new mobile technologies into more than 1 billion mobile devices. While others are working on science projects, the key is to align closely with customers and partners and to build a reliable and scalable product, and that’s what we are delivering with vLogix Mobile.”
About Red Bend Software
Red Bend® Software, the leader in Mobile Software Management (MSM) with more than 1 billion Red Bend-Enabled™ devices, makes mobile devices and services continuously better in a rapidly changing world. Red Bend is the only company that provides standards-based products and solutions for software management, device management and mobile virtualization that work on any mobile phone and connected device uniformly, efficiently and securely over the air. Red Bend enables its customers to stay competitive in a fast-moving market by helping them deliver high-value services on an increasing number of connected devices with growing software complexity. More than 80 leading device manufacturers, mobile operators, semiconductor vendors and automotive companies worldwide trust Red Bend with their most important assets — the mobile and connected devices their consumers depend on.