Citrix Synchronizer for XenClient is the server-based application for IT administrators to manage XenClient virtual machine (VM) images, users, and their XenClient devices. It:
- Stores XenClient VM images.
- Provides secure backup facilities.
- Offers management capability of users and their XenClient devices.
- Allows you to set policy about how a VM image can be used, for example, which USB devices can be used with the VM on a XenClient device.
- Simplifies the maintenance and secure distribution of VM images and applications to users.
You can register a XenClient device with a Synchronizer instance during XenClient installation, or in Citrix Receiver for XenClient after installation. Registering with a Synchronizer instance creates a record of the XenClient device in the Synchronizer database. Once the device is registered the user can:
- Download VM images that have been assigned to them.
- Back up VMs if policy allows. VM backup can also be set to occur automatically at fixed intervals.
- Upload new VMs or new VM versions to Synchronizer.
To learn more and to download the above file, please visit: Citrix XenClient 2.1 Synchronizer Setup and Usage Guide