In the following DABCC Live on-demand webinar we are very happy to have VMTurbo with us to discuss their real-time virtualization management solution.
Through workload consolidation, virtualization can drive dramatic productivity gains, improving both the efficiency of IT infrastructures and applications performance. However, virtualization leads to novel operations management challenges beyond the scope of traditional paradigms. In particular:
- Virtual machine resource utilization and performance behaviors may be dramatically different from those of physical servers. In contrast with physical servers, VMs see their resources fluctuate dynamically and may experience interference from other VMs.
- Virtualization increases the utilization of physical resources, possibly driving applications beyond the boundaries of safe operations.
- Virtualization eliminates IT silo boundaries, making each layer of the IT stack more sensitive to interference by the others. These interferences can lead to reduced performance, availability, and efficiency and reduced ROI at every layer of the IT stack.
- Virtualization thus requires new resource and performance management approaches to handle these factors of complexity. Without proper management of the virtualized data center, "Virtualization 2.0" initiatives stall.
This webinar will:
- Explore the common sources of performance bottlenecks in virtualized data centers
- Identify best practices for VM performance optimization
- Compare and contrast VM performance management approaches and and tools
About Ilya Mirman
Ilya Mirman is the VP of Marketing at VMTurbo. He has spent the past decade developing, marketing and supporting enterprise software for engineers and IT professionals. Prior to joining VMTurbo, Ilya served as VP of Marketing at venture-backed MIT spin-off Cilk Arts, a multicore programming platform acquired by Intel. Previously as VP of Marketing at venture-backed MIT spin-off Interactive Supercomputing (acquired by Microsoft), Ilya headed up the marketing, customer service and application engineering teams. Prior to joining ISC, Ilya was VP of Marketing at SolidWorks, the world's leading vendor of 3D mechanical design software. Earlier in his career, he led the product development team at Corning-Lasertron to introduce a new line of high-speed laser transmitters for the telecom industry. Ilya holds a BSME from the University of Massachusetts, an MSME from Stanford University, an MBA from MIT's Sloan School, and several patents in the field of fiber optic telecommunications.
About Philip Thomas
Philip Thomas is the Director of Technical Marketing at VMTurbo, helping IT professionals understand the importance of Virtualization 2.0. Philip holds an Aeronautical Engineering degree from London University and has spent the better part of his career helping high tech companies maximize their technology investment. Starting with a manufacturing software application for his thesis, he has gone on to automate a high tech tooling company, started a software company providing his own software to the furniture industry, sold CAM / CAM / CAE solutions through various resellers, served as the product manager for a manufactured goods and services dot-com. Prior to coming to VMTurbo Philip has spent a number of years consulting and implementing Enterprise PLM solutions to major corporations. It was here that he came to understand the power of virtualization and maximizing performance, efficiency and reliability.
Click to watch "Best Practices for Virtualizing Performance-sensitive Production Applications" Webinar