NCP engineering, Inc. today announced that its IPsec VPN client suite is now a component of IGEL Technology's Universal Desktop thin clients using the IGEL Linux and Microsoft Windows Embedded operating systems. Through the partnership, the NCP Secure Entry Client will provide IGEL's enterprise customers with enhanced endpoint security and flexibility.
- The NCP Secure Entry Client will be included in IGEL's Standard and Advanced firmware packages for all of its solutions with the LX or ES model designation. This not only includes IGEL's Universal Desktop thin clients but also its Universal Desktop Converter software, which allows conventional PCs and thin clients from other manufacturers to be functionally standardized and operated as IGEL thin clients, and to be centrally and efficiently managed with the IGEL Universal Management Suite, which comes standard with IGEL devices.
- In addition to being compatible with IGEL's provider-independent Universal Desktop products, the NCP Secure Entry Client is universally-compatible with third-party IPsec VPN gateways, including those from Juniper, Cisco, Check Point, Netgear and SonicWALL.
- The full feature set for the NCP Secure Entry Client includes a dynamic personal firewall, data encryption, Friendly Net Detection, one-time password token and certificate support through a public key infrastructure (PKI), Wireless Service Provider Roaming (WISPr) and streamlined Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) Card support, and a budget manager for wireless minutes. It can also be integrated with a network access control (NAC) component to ensure highly secure access to central data networks.
- "Our collaboration with NCP engineering brings significant added value to our universal desktop thin clients, which now have VPN functionality available as an 'out of the box' solution," said Florian Spatz, product marketing manager, IGEL Technology. "The numerous requests from our customers are positive proof of the quality of NCP's VPN solutions, which we will support in our cutting-edge operating systems."
- "IGEL's universal desktop thin clients and our IPsec VPN client suite perfectly complement each other," said H. Peter Felgentreff, president and CEO, NCP engineering, Inc. "Enterprises are increasingly adopting thin clients as part of their virtual desktop strategies, and are requiring a powerful yet flexible VPN solution to maximize security without hindering employees' access to the corporate network. Our technology is perfectly suited to fulfill this need."
- Additional information about and technical datasheets for the NCP Secure Entry Client are available on the company's Web site. A free, 30-day trial of the VPN client is also available.
- Reach NCP engineering on its blog, VPN Haus, LinkedIn or Twitter.
- Learn more about how NCP engineering and its Next Generation Network Access Technology enables customers to rethink remote access.
NCP engineering, IGEL, remote access, VPN, NCP Secure Entry Client, universal desktop, thin clients
About NCP engineering, Inc.
Since its inception in 1986, NCP engineering has delivered innovative software that allows enterprises to rethink their secure remote access, and overcome the complexities of creating, managing and maintaining network access for staff.
NCP's award-winning product line spans the spectrum of remote access, from IPSec / SSL VPNs to endpoint firewalls and network access control (NAC) functions. The company's products support organizations with complex remote user needs, who want to leverage the latest end-devices to increase staff productivity, reduce network administration and adapt policy changes on-the-fly. Each solution is interoperable with existing, third-party software or hardware.
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company serves 30,000-plus customers worldwide throughout the healthcare, financial, education and government markets, as well as many Fortune 500 companies. NCP has established a network of national and regional technology, channel and OEM partners to serve its customers. For more information, visit www.ncp-e.com