ThinPrint, the leading provider of cloud printing solutions, unveils two new printing technologies at VMworld in Copenhagen. Following a preview of the next generation of V-Layer™ technology with an array of innovations, the expert on virtual printing, whose basic technology is integrated into nearly all VMware products, will present its newest development, Personal Printing.
The next generation of ThinPrint-developed V-Layer™ technology
, set to be an integral component of the next .print Engine, includes a whole array of innovations for optimizing printing:
- The new SpeedCacheTM technology further reduces the load on the network and accelerates the speed of printing
- The new ThinShare feature lowers costs for hardware and bandwidth by compressing the print data of a normal Windows printer share from the application to the print server
- Print-to-Cloud establishes the print connection to the cloud. Users can print to the cloud from any application and the print job can be called up at any time with device of choice, such as a Mac, PC, tablet, or smartphone and printed out as needed. This also allows users to print directly from a VDI environment using, for example, an iPad or iPhone
- Enables users to send faxes using the print dialog without having to run the fax server
- Virtual Copy is a mouse-click away from printing out documents in several copies at different locations and of different quality, or generating them in digital form if needed
- Supports enhanced printing options, such as three-hole punching and stapling
The second innovation after NextGen V-Layer is ThinPrint's Personal Printing. The solution, already available in an initial version, protects sensitive information by requiring the user to identify themselves at the printer before the printout can take place. For identification, ThinPrint's Personal Printing supports all common smartcards and fingerprint readers. Thanks to V-LayerTM technology, the user does not have to decide which printer to use when creating the print job, opening up an entirely new dimension of flexibility.
"At the end of this year and the beginning of next year, we are introducing a whole slew of innovations that will give existing customers substantial added value and also facilitate entirely new application possibilities," said Charlotte Künzell, COO and CIO of ThinPrint AG.
This press release and the accompanying images are available online and can be downloaded at www.thinprint.com/press
ThinPrint specializes in mobile enterprise solutions and printing in distributed network architectures. The company's success is based on its print management solution, ThinPrint .print, which is successfully employed in companies of all sizes in all sectors around the globe. More than 500 major distributors and resellers in over 80 countries sell products made by ThinPrint AG. Thanks to numerous partnerships, client components using patent-pending .print technology have been integrated into the terminals, print boxes, PDAs and mobile phones of several leading hardware producers. Strategic partnerships with ThinPrint play a special role in this endeavor, including BlackBerry (RIM), Bluetooth SIG, Citrix
Systems, Inc., Fujitsu Siemens Computers, Lexmark International, Inc., Microsoft, Nokia, Orange, Palm, Inc., Sun Microsystems Inc., Symbian. Ltd and VMware, Inc.
Sponsored Link: http://www.unitrends.com/free-backup/?src=dabcc