In Episode 135, Douglas Brown interviews Andi Mann, Vice President, Product Marketing, Virtualization and Service Automation Business Unit at CA, Inc. Andi and Doug discuss the virtualization and cloud computing world today, the Evolution from virtualization to cloud, Virtualization from data center to desktop, Heterogeneous virtualization, and much more. Andi also talks a bit about what CA Technologies is doing now to help with these challenges.
Andi and Doug discuss the following areas:
- Evolution from virtualization to cloud - how to get there, what to do.
- Virtualization from data center to desktop - commonalities and differences, pros and cons
- VM sprawl to VM stall - where we are with both and how to avoid or overcome them
- Importance of management in successful virtualization strategies
- Heterogeneous virtualization - VMware, Microsoft, Citrix, Oracle, Sun. When, why, & how do you deal with it.
- Skills and resourcing - still a big problem, and how should enterprises cope
- What is CA Technologies doing now to help with these challenges, and where are they going
About CA Virtualization Management
Choose CA Technologies to provision, control, assure and optimize your virtual environments. We can help you better understand the costs and ROI potential to justify IT investments as you go. Robust management, along with advanced automation lets you focus on opportunities, not issues. We make enterprise-wide virtualization not only possible, but imperative.
- New levels of speed and flexibility – and business competitiveness
- Anytime, anywhere application delivery
- Exceptional manageability, service assurance, and security
- Significantly lower cost and compelling ROI
About Andi Mann
Andi Mann is vice president of virtualization product marketing for CA. Andi has over 20 years of IT experience across four continents, and a deep knowledge of enterprise software on mainframe, midrange, server and desktop systems. Andi has worked within the IT departments of global corporations, with enterprise software vendors, and as a leading industry analyst who literally wrote the definition of virtualization. Andi has been published in the New York Times, USA Today, CIO, Network World, and TechTarget, among others. He has presented at around the world on topics including virtualization, cloud computing, automation, and IT management. Andi blogs about virtualization, data center automation, cloud computing at Andi Mann – Ubergeek