Announcing The Official Release Of Patch Manager V1.8
Today I am happy to announce the general availability of Patch Manager v1.8. All current Patch Manager customers under active maintenance can download the upgrade immediately through their customer portal.
What’s New In Patch Manager
Most notable in this release, which we’ve been discussing since June in this Product Blog, is the integration with the Configuration Manager 2012 console for third-party update management and the client management toolset.
The other significant component of this release is the addition of a web console as part of the SolarWinds Orion family of products. Take a look at the web console in this online demo.
For those of you involved in package creation, particularly with our PackageBoot functionality, you’ll be happy to see the new PackageBoot Graphical Editor, which will eliminate the need to edit the PackageBoot.XML file manually, plus we’ve enhanced the capabilities of PackageBoot to do even more than before.
- The product also rolls up a number of incremental changes that have been made over the past six months:
- Integration with the SolarWinds Customer Portal providing self-service product activation codes
- Removal of activation codes for secondary application servers
- Change of authentication methodology from LogOnInteractive to LogOnAsBatch, which eliminates UAC complications
- Certificate enhancements in preparation for KB2661254
- Upgrade of certificates to 2048 bits
To learn more, please read the entire article here: Announcing The Official Release Of Patch Manager V1.8