Analyzing High Profile Load Time
One of the very popular pieces of information that ControlUp provides is insight into statistics of user sessions, especially profile load time during login. In this post, we would like to go through a way of using both ControlUp Insights and the Script-Based Actions in order to identify and troubleshoot high profile load times.
- Identifying Users with High Profile Load Time
- Log into the ControlUp Insights Sessions Activity Report
- Set the display period for the last week (i.e. the 1W preset or the week of interest)
- Refine this report by filtering the Profile Load Time column to being greater than or equal to 60 (seconds) in order to display only the longest load times.
- Export the table to a csv file (see the icon in the upper right corner). Since this report shows all logins, not just unique names, use Excel to reduce this table to unique users.
Now we have an exact list of users that suffered from slow profile time over the last week
- Troubleshooting High Profile Load Time
- Now that you have the list of users who are experiencing this problem, let’s turn to the ControlUp console. We see that some of the users still have very high profile load times.