2X: Presentation / Desktop Virtualization Podcast with Scott Sims – October 9, 2009 – Episode 98
WordPress database error: [Table 'dbwa2davahr2vv.ang_ppress_meta_data' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM ang_ppress_meta_data WHERE meta_key = 'content_restrict_data'
In episode 98, Douglas Brown interviews Scott Sims, Business Development Manager at 2X. Douglas and Scott discuss the 2X product portfolio, including, 2X VirtualDesktopServer, 2X ApplicationServer, 2X LoadBalancer, 2X ThinClientServer, and much more. Scott walks us through how each product works, what it takes to install, the features and benefits, along with how they compete in the competitive world of presentation / desktop virtualization solutions.
• Centrally manage and run virtual applications and desktops on Linux, Windows and Mac
• Supports: VMware, Sun VirtualBox, MS Virtual Server, MS Hyper-V, Virtual Iron, Parallels and MS Terminal Server
• Eliminate fat client management and save on administration
2X ApplicationServer for Windows Terminal Services
• Secure access to applications, desktops and files from anywhere
• Publish applications seamless to local Win, Linux, Mac desktops
• Centrally manage and administer applications updates and rights
2X LoadBalancer for Terminal Services / Citrix
• Resource based Windows Terminal Server and CITRIX load balancing
• Reconnects users to disconnected sessions
• Connects clients securely, firewall friendly using SSL encryption
• Vendor independent Thin Client OS & Manager for any Thin Client & PC
• Connects Thin Clients to Microsoft Terminal Services, CITRIX and Virtual Desktops
• Supports PXE, LAN, USB, CDROM & local hard disk boot for all network clients
For more information about all the 2X solution, please visit: 2X Thin client computing software: deploy & manage thin clients
About Scott Sims Scott is currently responsible for business development and partner relations for the Americas theater of 2X Software. Prior to joining 2X, Scott was responsible for the management of sales and operations at Application IT in Dallas, TX. Scott has many years’ experience in the software based computing and Software as a Service industry. 2X Software, offers tailor-made, easy-to-implement and cost efficient virtual computing solutions. Scott holds Entrepreneurship Bachelor’s degree in Business from the University of Oklahoma where he was a member of Beta Upsilon Chi fraternity. Scott currently resides in the Dallas, Texas area where he is actively involved with his church, Watermark Community Church.